What does ‘success’ look like for you for the remainder of 2021 and beyond? None of us planned a global pandemic as part of our personal and professional success. Your thoughts around success, ambition and what makes you happy may have changed over the past twelve months. Here at The Coach Place we’ve been having conversations daily with people about what they want life to look and feel like in 1, 3 and 5 years’ time.
Success is personal and it doesn’t happen accidentally. Some people rarely feel truly successful, and some people feel it often. This is a time to really know what you want and need, and how to create it. Today’s quote is something our Founding Director is often heard saying. Preparation, mindset and commitment are the three key attributes to living a successful life, whatever that means for you.
The bottom line on success
- Make sure it is your life and version of success that you are living (not your parents or friends).
- Do not wait for the ‘right’ time to start.
- Honour your future self and potential.
- Be committed, consistent and courageous.
- Play big!
- Prepare and plan.
- Manage, nurture and grow your mindset.
- Be clear about what you are committed to (motivation will pass and is of little relevance when it comes to success)
If success is on your mind, here are a few resources to get your started:
- Elite Minds – Stan Beecham
- Tribe of Mentors – Timothy Ferris
- Principals for Success - Ray Dalio
- How the Most Successful People Work from Home - Laura Vanderkam
- Read Me First – Lisa Stephenson (PDF, book and audio versions all available)
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- How I Built This
- Guy Raz
- On Purpose – Jay Shetty
- Success Resources – Jake Nicolle
From your Coach Place team
This content is the intellectual property of The Coach Place Global and not for distribution or reproduction of any kind. For further detail please refer to our full terms and conditions.